The overall aims of the English Language Education Curriculum are:
- to provide every learner of a second language with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
- to enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation , use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
The Subject Target of English Language is for learners to develop an ever-improving capability to use English:
- to think and communicate;
- to acquire, develop and apply knowledge;
- to respond and give expression to experience;
and within these contexts, to develop and apply an ever-increasing understanding of how language is organized, used and learned
- Our school provides a rich language-learning environment for our students.
- Our Native English Teacher co-teaches with P.1- P.3 local teachers in the English Learning Centre, we align the G.E. curriculum with interesting readers to extend students’ vocabulary knowledge and provide them an authentic environment to use the language.
- We organize various English learning activities for our students during recesses and after-exam periods, such as Easter activities, songs, watching fun English videos and story-telling. They can enjoy watching dramas, participating in English Quiz Show and even pay a visit to Singapore and Australia for study tours.
- We also train students to be English Ambassadors and lead as well as help out during school events. This is a great way to foster leadership skills at a very tender age.
A study tour to Australia
English Quiz Show
Lighthouse for Hong Kong
British Council learn English
HK Education City English Campus
BBC Story maker
Children’s story books
RTHK English in news
Starfall’s learn to read with phonics
The official Peppa Pig